The porcelain doll has the most beautiful skin texture among the dolls and it was my dream to own one. And when it comes to that particular skin texture, the dewy look is striking. The beauty mode in cameras also fails to give that perfection, I bet. The overwhelming fondness of Korean movies in the recent one-two decades has lead to the introduction to such beautiful skin texture. It has become a dream for every girl and women to have such a skin texture in their lifetime. To work on this perfection does not solely depend on the art of makeup. This is something that cannot be created with the brush strokes but you have to own it from deep under the skin.
Most of the real beauties go for skin care more than a pile of beauty products. A perfect skin care regimen and your love for your skin is the mantra to the porcelain skin. You need to follow a meticulous skin care regimen that does not ask for much time but allows you to follow it regularly without tiring out.
Stop Wait and watch Game
Do not wait for age to create a situation that you start looking for a solution to it. Take care of your skin before the pimples pop up, acnes break out, pores get enlarged or the wrinkles start forming; no waiting. Start taking care of your skin from an early age. Mothers should inform their children about skin hygiene and care.
Invest your time
This is the ultimate investment you can ever do for your skin. Take out time for your skin. Check and monitor the changes then look for the immediate step you need to take up. This is more than cleansing and washing your face twice a day, or moisturising your skin every time you wash your face.
- Always cleanse your makeup laden skin using a makeup remover. Use appropriate makeup remover for the different facial areas such as eye makeup remover for your eye and face makeup remover for the rest. Be gentle and try using a cleansing cloth or pad for this purpose. Alcohol based products should be avoided.
- Use a water based cleanser to wipe off the residues.
- Moisten your face and exfoliate your skin using a soft exfoliate. Concentrate the exfoliation on the T-zone and around the nose; just run your fingers few times on the rest of your face. Every day exfoliation is not necessary unless you wear heavy makeup. Soft exfoliate your skin on alternate days.
- Use a mild toner, like rose water, everyday. Never buy alcohol based toners.
- Dab on an essence with your palm starting from the chin and going upwards. There is no rubbing or massaging while applying the essence. This is the core of that spotless, plump and dewy look in the Korean skin. The only drawback you will find with essence is the pricey tag.
- Use a serum on top of the essence. Serums alone work wonderful but when accompanied with an essence, you will notice the miracle.
- Check on the sheet masks and try using one if you can find one.
- Use an eye cream
- Do not forget to moisturise your skin and wear an appropriate SPF during the day.
Remember that less is more when it comes to skin care. Always keep cucumber, honey, besan or gram flour, lemon and glycerin at your reach. If you cannot reach to the Korean products or find the regimen too lengthy and time consuming, try your own homemade skin care recipes. Few of them are listed here:
- You can apply 2 drops of glycerin and few drops of cucumber juice after cleansing and washing your face before bed. Dab it on using your palm; do not rub or massage it on.
- During bath, wash your face first and pat dry; gently rub on a piece of cucumber on your face. Squeeze the juice out to make sure that your skin gets enough of it. Leave it on while you take bath. Wash it off when you finish your bath.
- Create your own BB cream by adding equal amount of a water based sunscreen and Lacto Calamine lotion. Apply it all over your face and neck. Give the finishing touch with a translucent powder.
- Use plain besan facial scrub once or twice in a week. You can use a facial mask of multani mitti, cucumber juice, lemon juice and glycerine once in a week. Balance the ingredients as per your skin type.
- Always wear a good sunscreen with at least SPF 15 during the daytime.
Make your makeup lighter this summer. You will notice the glow in your skin if you follow this homemade natural skin care regimen regularly. It clears the skin off the acne and pimple breakouts. It lightens up the skin as well. Your skin will attain a dewy glow within few days. Stay away from the sun as much as possible when it is high in the sky. And remember that the first thing you should be doing after reaching home is to wash your face off.